Course 1: The Choosing of God's People
Course 2: The Kings and Prophets
Course 3: The New Covenant
D o you want to read the Bible for yourself, but it seems too difficult or complicated? Do you want to know what the Bible says, but don’t know where to start? Do you have questions about the Bible, but don’t know how to find the answers?
The Bible is an amazing book! It’s consistently rated the #1 Best Seller in the world. It tells us about people who lived thousands of years ago - and yet their experiences can still affect us today. The Bible was written by over thirty different people, and is made up of sixty six smaller books. It was written over a period of more than a thousand years, recording past events and also telling the future. It describes a wonderful time to come that we can read about for ourselves, understand and be excited about!
These seminars are designed to help you get started! We are offering seven detailed and informative sessions to start you on your journey of understanding the Bible for yourself. This is an opportunity to start reading a book that can be intimidating, to ask questions and to develop a foundation for further personal Bible study.
The classes will be guided by lifelong Bible students who have spent many years studying the pages of this ancient book. We’ve thought about the Bible from the perspectives of science, history, spirituality, prophecy, and archaeology. If you attend, you can expect to receive the knowledge and support you need to get the most out of the Bible, no matter what level of understanding you’re starting with. We look forward to studying with you!Location and Time
926 Conception Bay Highway (across from Piper's).
2:00PM - 4:00PM on Sundays from January 21st, through to March 4th
Reasons to Attend
- Become “in-the-know”: Increase your contextual knowledge of the Bible when discussing or debating spiritual topics
- Get hands-on: you’ll be encouraged to open the Bible, and examine it for yourself
- See the full picture: you’ll be introduced to the whole Bible by the end of this 3-part series
- Receive help: this course endeavours to explain the Bible in simple terms, and tutors will be present to help you follow along during the class.
- Learn from a knowledgeable community: from the start, Christadelphian community has always put emphasis on Biblical knowledge for all its member. As such, this course draws from this extensive knowledge-base
- You can be comfortable: we’ve booked a neutral and friendly setting for our studies to appeal to everyone.
- No obligation: you can quit at any time
- Bottom line: It’s FREE, so there’s everything to gain and nothing to lose by attending
Do I need to buy a Bible before I attend?
No. To maintain a level of consistency throughout the Seminars, we will be giving out free New King James Version Bibles to all registered attendees. However, if you already have your own Bible, you are welcome to bring it as well.
Why are you doing this?
Fewer people are reading the Bible than in the past. Our faith in God makes us want to help people read the Bible for themselves. We believe the Bible message is right and good in directing our lives and families. In Christ's day, the Apostles spread the Gospel message and the commandments of God. We feel compelled to tell all who will listen about the wonderful plan God has revealed in His Word.
What if everyone knows more than I do?
As this is an introductory course, the material is designed for people who know little to nothing about the Bible. We really do want you to get the most out of your Bible reading experience, and we will try to cater to everyone's level of understanding. We will not put you on the spot and force you to answer questions you are not comfortable with.
Will I be asked to be “saved” or “join” the Christadelphians at the end of the seminars?
You will not be pressured by us to do anything except it comes from your own understanding of God’s Word and conviction of its calling. Our fellowship is based upon a shared faith and walk in Christ.
Who is paying for the seminars?
All expenses are being absorbed by the Christadelphians in this area. You will not be asked to pay anything, either now or in the future.